A Dominant is no more individual than a submissive.
They are no more self sufficient, no more comfortable in their own skin. Their self confidence is only through necessity, rather than nature. They are not a single entity happy being a single entity. They cannot sustain themselves, completely, alone.
The submissive is expected to be needy, because need is what defines that submissive nature. They’re allowed to be clingy, to cling, because the Dominant is there to be clung to. But the Dominant needs to be needed. That clingyness is a warmth in the chest, a reassurance that they are needed, and so they can take comfort in the knowledge that they are where they want to be.
It’s important not to mistake the role of the Dominant with the actuality. I act the way I act because it’s what you react to, what you need me to be. And while I am these things, I’m also not really worth that much without you. I need the submissive to be the mirror that I can see myself in, because you reflect me so very, very well. You reflect the best of me, and to let me see that forces me to aspire to it, and I become better for it.
So no, the Dominant is no more self sufficient. We just make you think we are.
I found myself laughing way too hard at this….
- How do you prefer to sleep? Naked
- Where would you hide something important to you? In my heart
- Which part of getting ready for your day/night/work/etc. is the most crucial, and without doing so you feel off? Being clean
- Favorite smell? Out doors
- What type of fabric or material do you prefer for your clothes? something SOFT
beep! Check please